Copyright 2014 stmarysschooltracy.org. All rights reserved.
St. Mary's Elementary School
1st & 2nd Grades
8:15-8:30 Morning Meeting
8:30-9:30 Literacy, FRIDAYS will be Mass at this time
9:30-9:35 Brain Break
10:35-10:45 Brain Break and Bathroom
10:45-11 Centers M/T/TH, Read Aloud W, Daily 5 F
11-12 Handwriting M/T/TH, Library at 10:55 W, Poems F
11:30-12:30 Lunch & Recess
12:35-1 Tech M/W, Spelling T/TH, Literacy F
1-1:25 1/2 Religion (Pre-K/K Tech) M/W, 1/2 Religion Pre-K T/TH, Teacher's Choice F
1:25-1:50 K/2 PR (Prep) M/W, Music (Prep) T/TH, Teacher's Choice F
1:50-1:55 Bathroom Break
1:55-2:20 Science M/T, Social W/TH, Art F
2:20-2:30 Read Aloud
2:30-2:50 Daily 5 M/W, Daily 4 T/TH, Art/Learning Games F
* NO SCHOOL on Thursday, Oct. 16 or 17 because of MEA
* Red Ribbon Week is Oct. 20-24. More details to follow.
* Our Library day is Wednesday!
* REMEMBER shoes for gym/recess each day!
*Parents are welcome to stop in any time-come and see what your child is doing in school!
* Please make sure your child is dressed for the weather with a proper coat, hats and mittens, if needed.
* Please make time to read & do math facts each night. The daily routine will only help your child become a better student as well as more fluent and accurate with their reading, writing, spelling, and general number sense!
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me! :)
Thank you for all you do!
bicycle, bread, brother, bus, can't caught, climb, cook, country, dance
when, all, black, did, do, have, must, on
This site is a great resource for spelling help! There is a free version available!
(There will be a spelling test on Friday, Oct. 24, with words from BOTH lists!)
1st Grade: how, open, put, them, then, think, walk, were
2nd Grade: almost, always, arm, because, believe, carry, clean, cloud, country, cut